Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
Brewery Omer Vander Ghinste
Omer Vander Ghinste received a house in Bellegem from his father in 1892. It was in one of the outbuildings that he brewed the "Old Triple", which is today's Vander Ghinste Oud Bruin.
He sold it ten miles around from his house. The appearance of brands appearing much later, he named his company by his name, which has remained until today.
In 1893, he decided to have stained glass windows made to advertise Vander Ghinste beers in the cafes selling his products. Recently the brewery made a reissue of these stained glass windows, in the form of illuminated signs that can be seen in partner cafes.
Shortly after, he married Margueritte, who was the daughter and sole heiress of the Le Fort brewery in Courtrai. When her father died, she transferred all activities to Bellegem, which allowed the Vander Ghinste brewery to run at full speed.
At the start of the war, the couple fled the bombings and went to Paris. It was in the rue des Jacobins that Omer had the idea of a beer that would bear the same name (Cuvée des Jacobins).
At the end of the war, the couple returned to Belgium, pilsner appeared and a reaction had to be made. To do this, a waterfall tower, necessary for the bottom fermentation, is built in Bellegem. It is still there, even if it is no longer in working order. The Ghinst Pils is born, today better known as 'Bokor', and ensures the sales of the brewery.
This is how in one generation three of the four most important beers of the brewery, still today, were born.