The Leroy brewery had a very tumultuous history and almost disappeared more than once.
Historically, we know that a brewery was founded in 1572 in Boezinge (‘het sas’). In 1625, at the request of the Count of Watou, the Van Eecke brewery started its activities on the site of the former ‘het sas’ brewery, to supply the castle with beer.
During the revolution, the brewery was spared but the castle was ransacked and burned. After the brewery continued to produce beer but only for the inhabitants of the surrounding area. The brewery revived in 1862 by offering high fermentation beers.
But in 1915, the brewery was ravaged by fire during the Great War, when Belgian troops blew up the locks to flood the 'Polders'. It was not until 1924 that a new brewery was built in the center of Boezing. This new location will prevent it from being destroyed during the Second World War. The old location being on the edge of the canal, the place was the target of numerous bombardments.
In 1962, the links between the Van Eecke and Leroy families made it possible to relaunch the activities for good. And the brewery finally experienced a long period of respite.