Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
The Girardin brewery was first a farm as was the tradition in the 19th century.
In 1882, Franciscus Girardin bought the farm he had rented for years in Sint-Ulriks-Kapelle. The brewing of lambic began the same year, hence the mention of the year 1882 on current labels.
The Girardin brewery is one of the largest lambic producers just behind the Lindemans and Timmermans breweries. Girardin is also in several blends of very famous gueuzeries such as Tilquin and 3 Fonteinen.
For the little anecdote, the oldest brewing hall was transported by horse-drawn carriage from Wallonia to the brewery, it is still in operation. In 1990, a second hall was built to increase production capacity.