The Lefebvre brewery was born in Quenast in the province of Hainaut. It was Jules Lefebvre who opened a brewery-farm and produced his own barley. He will set up a malting plant soon after.
Until the First World War everything was going well but in 1916, the Lefebvre brewery was dismantled and the brewing equipment was requisitioned to manufacture ammunition.
In 1919, Auguste, the son of Jules, bought another bankrupt brewery on the heights of Quenast. The old brewery has since been an empty building, especially since the Senne is in flood every year and floods the premises.
During the Second World War, the Lefebvre brewery avoided dismantling but had to produce beers that did not exceed 1% alcohol. This rule is also applied in all areas occupied by the Germans.
It will be necessary to wait until 1996 to see the appearance of the Barbar that we know today.
The brewery has had its ups and downs but is still there and remains a recognized family brewery today.